There were over 54 people in attendance at this month’s meeting. That number included 14 guests.
A big “Thank you” to Advantage Lumber for arranging this presentation, and for the refreshments. Grate sandwiches!
The presentation this evening is by Ralph Bagnall, of Consulting Woodworker.com, on “ Scratch Stock”.
Mr. Bagnall demonstrated how to make and use a scratch stock tool. He also explained where and how it can be used and provided a handout on “Scratch Stocks”.
His website is – www.consultingwoodworker.com. I videoed his presentation and I’ll send a link to it as soon as I finish editing it.
Business Meeting and Announcements
Several “Sign-up” sheets were discussed and passed around in relation to –
– Florida State Fair (Feb. 9-20, 2017) in Tampa.
– working the Wood Working Show in March 17-19 in Tampa (contact Terry Bair at 941-925-2242) – http://www.thewoodworkingshows.com/tampa.html
– Monthly Shop Meets and Demonstration Meets.
– Spring Picnic & 2X4 Contest – April 9, 2017 (1- 4 pm) at Rothenbach Park.
– John & Susan Darovec, Joe Mathis, Mike Dummett and John Philips made 85 Skimmer decoys (shorebirds) for Mote Marine Science Center.
We need our members’ support for these activities and events.
Next month’s meeting and presentation will be held at Advantage Lumber and the presentation will be by Bob Eslinger on how to use a software program called “Sketch Up”- Part 1 of a 2-part series.
February 20 (Monday): This month’s Shop Meet is at Terry Bair’s house – at 7:00 pm. Please bring a chair to sit on.
Show and Tell: Sorry about the bald heads in some of the pictures, they were shot at a distance with a zoom lens.
Joe Mathis – Lion intarsia
Terry Bair – toy wooden rockets
Reuel Detweiler – intarsia
John Philips – bowl/ carved horse’s head/ slim decoy profile
Larry Simmons – hand saw case
Fred Damianos – 3 kitchen utensils (wooden handles)
Denny Wetter – 4 bowls
Bob Eslinger – cutting board serving tray
Jerry Shipano – lap desk (1971)
Next Month’s Meeting – March 8, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. at Advantage Lumber.